Devagiri Campus

Devagiri Campus

Devagiri CMI Public School


Devagiri Public School is ensconced on the salubrious hill of God (Devagiri), seven kilometres north of the historic city of Calicut. The location is ideal because it enjoys easy access to all the amenities of the city and yet is away from its hustle and bustle. With three other schools and a first grade college on the same campus, this school is sure to promote great academic dreams, healthy competition, and meaningful interaction.
With three other schools and a first-grade college on the same campus this institution nurtures great academic dreams, healthy competition and significant interface

St.Joseph's College
St. Joseph's College, Devagiri, was formally inaugurated on 25th September 1956.


St. Joseph's College was the first ever educational institution to be set under the management of CMI in Malabar. The college started as a graduate college and later upgraded into one with ten post graduate departments. The college has been the alma mater to a number of brilliant alumni who brought laurels of glory to the institution through their tremendous achievements in various fields.
From its very inception the college had been privileged to have great academicians and educationists among its faculty. Rev. Fr. Theodocius, the first Principal of the college, led a team of great teachers including Prof. C.A Sheppard, Dr. Sukumar Azhikode, Prof. Thayattu Sankaran and Dr.K.G. Adiyodi .  
The students of Devagiri have brought laurels of repute continuously to the institution as they won top ranks in various Degree and post graduate exams of the university.
Apart from being an educational institution par excellence the college has been in the forefront of extra academic activities like NSS, NCC, etc. The college has produced a number of great athletes and sportsmen including the legendary volleyball player, Gimmy George.
A number of professionals, administrators, political leaders, bureaucrats and educators got themselves trained in this centre of excellence over the years.
According to the latest assessment of UGC NACC the college is the best among colleges of the region.

Savio Higher Secondary School
Savio HSS was also founded in 1956

The Savio Higher Secondary school is an Aided school run by the St. Thomas province of the CMI congregation. The school was an initiative of the congregation to extend its services to the local community in terms of school education. At present the school has the strength of more than 1500 students and various streams of study including Humanities and Sciences. The school has spacious premises and is well equipped with various modern facilities.
Savio Primary school

The Savio primary school is adjacent to Devagiri CMI Public school and is a school following the state board syllabus. It is a reputed institution which has recently celebrated its golden jubilee. With a good student strength and qualified faculty the school has carved for itself a reputation of excellence and social commitment.
Asha Kiran Institution
 It is a school for the mentally challenged which started in 1980 at the Chavara Hall of the provincial house and was shifted to Devagiri in 1987

The Asha Kiran is a CMI institution intended to provide support for the differently abled Children. It has a team of committed instructors and teachers who work in unison to impart quality training for their children .The institution is housed in the building adjacent to the St. Joseph's Monastery, Devagiri
St. Joseph's Monastery
St Joseph's Monastery, the abode of our CMI fathers at Devagiri.

St. Joseph's Monastery was built by Fr. Marinus. Fr. Shabor was appointed as its first superior. In 1971 monastery church was raised to a parish